This book contains over a hundred new ideas for book-making projects for children aged 4 to 7. Each section introduces a basic book form - eg: a pop-up book, a shape book, a zigzag book or a flap book - and then gives examples of different ways the design can be used for a variety of exciting writing projects.
Step-by-step instructions are given on how to plan each project, how to draft the text and how to construct the book. All the projects provide opportunities for reading and writing.
This book is packed with original projects that:
- explore how books work
- help to narrow the gap between children's reading and writing
- cover a range of subjects and genres across both fiction and non-fiction
- enable children to practise skills in writing, as well as art and design
- give children confidence and pride in their written work
- bring project work alive!