A great speech has the power to define the times, to inspire, to stir and to motivate.
This collection of ancient and modern speeches includes the words of activists, politicians, philosophers and scores of others who have born witness to significant moments from the first century to the twenty-first. Many have themselves made history.
Here you'll find the words of:
* inspirational leaders such as Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela;
* political heads, from Oliver Cromwell to Kevin Rudd;
* enlightened writers and thinkers such as Arundhati Roy and Inga Clendinnen;
* campaigners such as Daniel Mannix and Eleanor Roosevelt;
* soldiers and statesmen who helped shape the modern world, such as Napoleon and Winston Churchill
* religious figures from every era, including Jesus and the Dalai Lama.
Great Speeches will make a great addition to every home and library shelf.