Decorating your home is one of the most important, exciting and, for many, challenging of tasks. This book guides you through all the pleasures and pitfalls of transforming dull surroundings into the home of your dreams and offers inspiration and a host of ideas for making each room special.
Divided into two sections, the book first looks in detail at the practicalities of planning, choosing and carrying out the decoration before taking six classic styles and showing how to recreate them in your home. Over 400 colour photographs create a source book of visual ideas and references while over 75 illustrations show simple techniques for achieving the look.
Planning for Perfect Effect includes:
- assess the needs and potential of the space in terms of practicality, comfort and style
- options for colour schemes, walls, floors, doors, windows, lighting and soft furnishings
- directory of available styles for each area plus mateials used to decorate them
Basic Techniques includes:
- putting up wallpaper and creating paint effects
- tiling, panelling and making cushions and curtains
- tools and equipment needed
Home Style explores six popular looks and includes:
- small spaces
- British colonial
- suggestions for creating each look
With so much inspiration and practical advice this is the one book you cannot be without when decorating your home.