Determined to raise the standards of home cooking, Neven Maguire transfers his expertise from the restaurant to the kitchen, offering expert advice to the novice and experienced cook alike. In his straightforward and friendly way, Neven coaches the reader through essential kitchen skills, reinforcing the fundamentals such as basic equipment and cooking terminology, before moving on to demystify more advanced techniques like preparing meat and fish, mastering knife-skills, and completing perfect garnishes.
Accompanying Neven's in-depth knowledge are impeccable recipes derived from his own highly-regarded and award-winning menu, adapted for the home cook. With recipes ranging from easy to advanced, there are ideas here for everyone, along with ways to use your newly-acquired skills and techniques with Neven's insightful hints and tips. For those who feel particularly confident, many of the dishes can be taken a step further, with extra suggestions for achieving advanced results, but always in Neven's accessible style.
With its clean, user-friendly design, stunning food photography and Neven's endless encouragement, this book shows how to achieve faultless results with just a little bit of know-how and will give every cook new-found confidence in their own ability.
- Carrot, Ginger & Coconut Soup with Buttered Croutons
- Avocado Spring Roll with Red Pepper Polenta & Chilli Jam
- Baked Ryefield Goats Cheese with Pecan Crust, Oven-dried Tomatoes & Red Pepper Dressing
- Crab & Scallop Ravioli with Seared Sea Scallops, Asparagus & Sweetcorn Veloute
- Fillet of Wild Seabass with Borlotti Beans, Truffle Ravioli and Baby Leeks
- Smoked Belly of Pork with Parma-wrapped Prawns & Butternut Squash Puree
- Trio of Thornhill Duck comprised of Confit Leg, Sauteed Breast & Spring Roll
- Braised Shoulder of Lamb with Crispy Polenta, Barley & Rosemary Jus
- Winter Berry Crumble with Vanilla & Rum Pannacotta
- Chocolate Mousse Delice