Since the Rugby World Cup began in 1987, the tournament's powerful players, speed-charged runs, soaring kicks, brutal scrums and controversial refereeing decisions have gripped millions of people around the world. In 2011, the event returns to its birthplace, New Zealand, where teams from twenty qualifying nations will give their all in an attempt to hold aloft rugby's most coveted cup. For players and coaches, this is the ultimate test.
* Will Robbie Deans bring the Wallabies to glory?
* Can Graham Henry's All Blacks break their 20-year jinx?
* Will reigning champions South Africa overcome a season of disasters, or England recapture the brilliance of its 2003 victory?
* Can France, Argentina, Wales, Scotland or Ireland win for the first time?
* Will a newly emerging team such as Argentina shock the world?
As well as giving up-to-the-minute analyses of all the top teams and their fighting chances, Zavos unveils the inside stories and controversies surrounding all six Rugby World Cup tournaments to date. This is a book that thrills from start to finish.
- Publication Date:
- 02 / 05 / 2011