LEADERSHIP MATTERS is a must-read for current and aspiring leaders in Australia and worldwide. An energetic, readable text packed with ideas, research and practical advice from inspiring leaders and experts – it will keep you thinking long after you have finished reading the book.
David Pich, CEO of Australia’s preeminent leadership body, The Australian Institute of Management (AIM), together with a team of experts, believes that you need to master 7 skills if you are to become a successful leader in today’s complex and challenging organisations. 1. Setting strategy; 2. Defining culture; 3. Leading people; 4. Making decisions; 5. Ethical leadership; 6. Inclusion matters; 7. Networking is working
Having decided upon these 7 skills, the team researched locally and globally to find out why and how they are so important. David Pich, conducted a series of interviews with global leaders to learn from their experiences:
• Vikas Goswami, Head of Godrej Group, more than one billion consumers worldwide use Godrej products. Vikas has pioneered the movement for increased corporate social responsibility for both India’s government and non-government organisations.
• Alan Joyce, airline CEO of the Year, who in saw a record-breaking 60% profit for Qantas, and tripled the share price since he began a transformation program in 2014.
• Kailash Satyarthi human rights activist and Nobel Prize recipient, from India, and founder of ‘Save the Childhood’ movement, which conducts raids on garment sweatshops to free children from slavery.
• Ms Neelam Dhawan, former Managing Director of Microsoft India, and current MD of Hewlett-Packard India, best known for her invaluable repertoire of leadership skills, which includes strategic focus, innovation, efficiency and execution.
• Ms Gloria Ai, China’s leading independent business host and founder of iAsk Media, described by the World Economic Forum, as a ‘global shaper’, whose daily talk show attracts an astonishing 8 million listeners and watchers.
• Dr Jun Wang. Dr Wang is the founder of iCarbonX, a company that has been called the Google of bio-tech. iCarbonX aims to establish a health-focused data platform that combines biology with artificial intelligence to manage health and defeat disease.
Words of wisdom from these global leaders add unique insight to the book, but there are also case studies and advice from local leaders and experts who have mastered these seven skills.
A mix of practical information, motivating stories and thought-provoking insights. This book is sure to be topping the best-selling business book lists soon after its release.
- Publication Date:
- 05 / 07 / 2017