Due to the COVID-19 pandemic Australia Post are experiencing delivery delays. Orders may take up to 1 week longer to arrive to metro areas.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
My Mini QBD Books 2019 Campaign – Terms & Conditions
My Mini QBD Books Participation
- 1.1 My QBD Mini Books campaign (“Campaign”) is owned and managed by QBD Books Pty Ltd ABN 54 614 038 765, whose main office is at 30 Enterprise St, Richlands QLD 4077.
- 1.2 Participation in the Campaign is governed by these terms and conditions. Any person not complying with these terms and conditions is ineligible to participate in the Campaign. Acceptance of a My Mini QBD Books Collectable and participation in this Campaign is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- 2.1 For every purchase of a life size copy of a featured mini book or for every $25 spent in one transaction after any applicable discounts and exclusions set out below (“Qualifying Spend”) at any QBD Books store or QBD Books online between 00:01am AEST 1 July 2019 to 11.59pm AEST 01 October 2019 (“Campaign Period”), QBD Books will provide customers with one My Mini QBD Books (“Collectable”) while stocks last.
- 2.2 There are 12 unique Collectables. The assignment of a Collectable is subject to stock availability and is at the sole discretion of QBD Books. Collectable/s must be claimed at the point of purchase. QBD Books accepts no liability if Collectables become unavailable.
- 2.3 Collectables are provided to customers entirely at random and cannot be exchanged by QBD Books staff members for another Collectable once opened by the customer, except on the Swap site or at a Swap Day as detailed in clause 2.10.
- 2.4 The Qualifying Spend is calculated after applying all savings and discounts.
- 2.5 Qualifying QBD Books online orders must be ordered during the promotional period 01 July by 01 November 2019. Customers must ‘opt in’ when prompted at the checkout to receive a Collectable with purchase. The QBD Books Online postage fee is excluded when calculating whether the customer has met the Qualifying Spend.
- 2.6 The My Mini QBD Books Collector’s Bookshelf is sold separately for $5 during the Campaign Period or while stock last. QBD Books may change the price of the My Mini QBD Books Collector’s Bookshelf at its discretion. QBD Books accepts no liability if the Bookshelf becomes unavailable.
- 2.7 QBD Books may decide at its absolute discretion to extend or otherwise amend the Campaign Period. If it decides to do so, QBD Book swill communicate the revised Campaign Period in-store and/or externally.
- 2.8 QBD Books may from time to time offer special promotions at its discretion. QBD Books will communicate instore and/or externally when special promotions will occur.
- 2.9 Collectables cannot be bought or sold for cash or consideration of any kind.
- 2.10 A Swap Day may be scheduled at QBD Books’ discretion in the future. A swap day is a forum for customers to trade their Collectables, in order to help customers collect all 12 unique Collectables. Attendees and participants in a Swap Day shall be solely responsible for their actions in relation to the Swap Day.
- 2.15 The Collectables are for those aged 3 years and older. Adult supervision is advised for those aged 0-3 years of age due to the risk of choking.
Intellectual Property Rights and websites
- 3.1 Certain legislation may imply warranties or conditions or impose other obligations including statutory consumer guarantees which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. To the extent permitted by law, QBD Books excludes all guarantees, warranties, conditions or other terms that apply under or are implied by statute, common law or trade customer or usage except as set out in these terms and conditions.
- 3.2 If in the conduct of this Campaign, QBD Books is liable for a breach of any guarantee, warranty, condition or other term that applies under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth.) or is implied by any other Commonwealth, State or Territory law that cannot be excluded, QBD Books’ liability under that legislation is limited, to the extent permitted by law, to the cost of replacement of any benefit provided.
- 3.3 QBD Books, its associated publishers and third parties associated with this Campaign will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss, loss of opportunity, or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Campaign or accepting or using any benefit, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case the liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- 3.4 As a condition of accepting the Collectible and participating in the Campaign on behalf of a recipient or customer under the age of 18 years old, the recipient’s or customer’s parent or guardian accepts these terms and conditions.
- 4.1 The material contained on the Campaign Website is protected by copyright. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on the Campaign Website, or create any other material using material on the Campaign Website, without obtaining the prior written consent of QBD Books.
- 4.2 Trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos used on the Campaign Website must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of QBD Books.
- 4.3 The Campaign Website and Products, technology and processes contained on them may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by QBD Books or by third parties.
- 6.1 By participation in the Campaign, participants consent to QBD Book using the participant’s name, locality, number of mini collectables redeemed, and/or products redeemed in any media (including but not limited to TV, radio, catalogue, press and point of sale) without compensation for the purposes of publicising and marketing the Campaign.
- 6.2 From time to time, a participant may be requested to submit photographs to the campaign website in relation to the participant’s involvement in the Campaign. The coordinator will ensure relevant consents have been obtained for QBD Book to publish such photographs on the Campaign website, and to use such photographs in any media (including but not limited to TV, radio, catalogue, press and point of sale) without compensation for the purposes of publicising and marketing the Campaign.