Being a manager is one of the most important, and most difficult, jobs in any organisation. Whether you are a middle manager in a large organisation or lead a small team, whether you're new to the role or experienced, you're likely to need plenty of tools for dealing with your team and bringing out their best.
The Penguin Team Leader's Toolkit will arm you with the skills you need to manage yourself and others with professionalism, reliability and style. Kris Cole provides easy-to-understand, practical advice on how to:
* manage your time and priorities
* develop effective working relationships
* motivate and engage team members
* recruit and train staff
* assign and delegate work
* build peak performance and productivity
* deal with underperformance
* introduce and lead change
Filled with tips and ideas on how to do things better, faster and more easily, this book cuts through the mire and mystery of how to be a great manager and teaches you how to lead your team to success.