IT Pros can apply these certified project management methods to IT projects to make an immediate, positive impact on their business.
- By Rita Mulcahy, the world's #1 project management trainer, and author of the topselling PMP certification guide.
- Packed with expert guidance and real IT Case Studies for IT pros: scheduling, budgets, managing scope, stakeholders, and expectations, and more.
- Uses IT examples to help readers prep for the PMP exam and master PMI's official Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
IT projects are immensely challenging, mission-critical, and failure prone. For IT professionals, a strong understanding of the discipline of project management can be invaluable - both to success with individual projects, and to their overall careers. However, most books and training materials on project management pay little or no attention to the unique challenges IT project managers face. Now, there's a guide to project management targeted specifically at IT professionals. Authored by world-renowned project management trainer Rita Mulcahy, PM Crash Course for IT Professionals teaches project management through IT-specific examples and case studies. Readers will master the PMI's Project Management Body of Knowledge: planning, scoping, scheduling, budgeting, and more. This book presents five in-depth, real-world case studies of successful IT projects, as well as practical checklists for every step of the project management process. This is everything IT pros need to know to know to pass PMI's popular PMP exam, taught in a way they can apply immediately in their own environments. Coverage includes:
- Why IT projects fail, and how to prevent failure.
- Defining project charters and requirements.
- Organizing IT roadmaps into incremental, manageable projects.
- Capturing, creating, and using historical data to effectively plan new projects.
- Identifying and managing stakeholders and their expectations.
- Defining project scope.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 12 / 2009