In 1994 Jonathan Aitken was hotly tipped to succeed John Major as the next leader of the Conservative Party, but within a year, the only Cabinet Minister without a single enemy was buried beneath accusations of pimping, arms dealing and corruption.
Aitken now tells how he became the most vilified politician in Britain. Revealed in fascinating detail are:
- his dealings with Cabinet colleagues
- his relationship with the Saudi Royal family
- the full account of his stay at the Ritz
- the dramatic events behind his failed libel action
- his subsequent trial for perjury and perverting the course of justice.
He faced a living hell of despair including bankruptcy, divorce and a prison sentence. This is the moving story of a fallen politician's penitence. It is also an inspiring message of hope and redemption. Jonathan Aitken found new purpose for the future after a surprise and remarkable encounter - with God.