Say Goodbye to Back Pain.
Simple advice and easy-to-follow self help programmes for all sorts of neck and back problems. Award-winning osteopath, Gavin Routledge motivates the reader to see a future without back pain, and helps them to get there.
60% of the adult population of the UK suffers from back problems. This book will show them that the key to managing lower back pain is self-motivation and maintaining some level of exercise.
'Self Help For Backs' is a clearly laid-out, highly practical, non-text-heavy manual with photographs and line drawings demonstrating the exercises to take the reader through the recovery process.
The book includes sections to explain:
- What causes neck and back pain.
- What causes the different conditions such as lumbago, sciatica, muscle spasms, slipped and herniated disks, and trapped nerves.
- Which back specialist to consult and what to ask them.
- How to use pain killers, ice, heat and lumbar support belts.
- Bad posture; good posture - how to rebalance your posture.
- How to maintain gentle movement and build up slowly to exercise.