The Complete Guide to Stroke Prevention and Treatment.
A groundbreaking medical programme for risk assessment, prevention and treatment.
Not only do strokes kill, they can disable for life - and they're increasing. In this extraordinary book, one of the world's leading cardiovascular scientists sets out a stroke prevention and treatment programme.
Learn the vital facts about the #1 disabler:
- How to lower your overall stroke risk
- Which common heart conditions are little-known risk factors for stroke
- Why simple changes in your diet can help prevent stroke
- Where to get the best treatment during a stroke emergency (less than half of emergency rooms are equipped to treat acute stroke)
- When you should begin taking steps to prevent a stoke from ever occurring - today!
The book includes a groundbreaking risk-assessment questionnaire and a personalised prevention programme. Once you've established your risk of stroke, Wiebers discusses the most up-to-date treatments - lifestyle changes, drugs and surgery.
The book is divided into four: understanding a stroke; assessing risk; lowering risk and rehabilitation if you or someone close to you has suffered a stroke.