The comprehensive guide to starting and growing your dream business. In this groundbreaking book, bestselling author Jim Stovall shares the practical wisdom gained from his forty-year career as an award-winning entrepreneur alongside the time-tested strategies compiled by Dr. Kevin Schneider through his experience as the Director of the Stovall Center for Entrepreneurship at Oral Roberts University. Few books have offered both pragmatic, real-world examples and proven academic principles, as readers will find in The Art of Entrepreneurship. Transform your natural aptitudes, interests, and resources into a lucrative business as you discover:
* The key characteristics of an entrepreneur--and whether you possess them.
* Myths and misconceptions about entrepreneurship--it's not a get-rich-quick scheme, nor is it simply for people who want to work less and not have a boss.
* How to get started as an entrepreneur--keeping your current job as you turn your side hustle or creative idea into an empire.
* Why some entrepreneurs succeed when others struggle--it's not about trading time for money; it's about creating a money machine.
* The values of entrepreneurship--first and foremost, service rendered to other people.
The path of entrepreneurship from start to finish--learning when to pull the trigger and when to pull the plug.
How to build the dream entrepreneur team that will support you in your journey.
Entrepreneurship is both a science and an art. This book teaches both dimensions--the hard skills and the soft skills, the action steps and the mindset--so that you can seize the opportunities for entrepreneurship in your midst and turn your business idea into a successful start-up that adds value to you, your family, your community, and the larger world.