Bestselling author and parenting educator Barbara Coloroso explains the phenomenon of bullying and the explosive proportions it has reached in our society, explaining what parents and other caregivers can do to recognise and help bullies and their victims before the violence becomes entrenched or tragically escalates.
Barbara Coloroso draws on her decades of work with youth, parents and educators, to reveal the dynamics that give rise to bullying, and what parents, schools and communities can do to stop, heal and prevent it.
- The essential triad - the bully, the bullied and the bystander - that allows bullying to happen.
- The difference between bullying and teasing.
- What to do if your child is the victim of a bully.
- What to do if your child bullies - how to mend and restore rather than isolate and punish the bully.
- How to defuse hostility and teach six steps for conflict resolution.
- A constructive alternative to zero tolerance.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 04 / 2003
- 153 x 234mm