Part of the 'Complete Idiot's Guide' series.
This book will tell you everything you need to know to become a budding Kasparov, from the names of pieces and their movements to tactics and strategies, from advanced maneuvers to setting up chess tournaments and clubs where you can test your skills.
Included in this book is:
- A history of chess
- All the basics of the board and the pieces
- Elementary rules and object of the game
- Famous openings and well-known tactics
- Sneak attacks and other tricky plays
- Exercises that explain strategies and chess-move annotations
- Advice for using the Internet and computer programs