Part of the 'Complete Idiot's Guide' series.
Interested in the Japanese martial art of karate, but just haven't gotten around to taking a class? This book follows up on the other proven 'Complete Idiot's Guides' to marital arts. This is one of the most popular sports for young adults and grown-ups alike.
This guide has:
- Lots of instructional photos to take you step by step through the process of learning karate
- Information on using karate for self-defence, fitness, and just plain kicking the blues away
- Practical advice on how to use karate to control anger and fear
- Blow-by-blow descriptions of the various black belt ranks and how to achieve them
- Information on karate schools - where you can go to get the most "punch" for your dollar
- Answers on what to do if you feel you've mastered the sport and want to take it to the next level - competing!
- Background information on the history of karate in Japan, and how it became the popular sport it is today
- Publication Date:
- 05 / 07 / 2000
- 189 x 232mm