Part of the 'Complete Idiot's Guide' series.
This book is the one-stop resource for getting a handle on the beautiful Italian language - whether you have always wanted to be able to communicate in the native language of your favourite Italian ancestors, to chat with the host at your favourite Italian ristorante, or if you are travelling to Italy for pleasure or business.
This new edition features:
- A new and improved Italian-English glossary, with even more words than before
- More practical exercises to help reinforce the lessons learned
- Brand-new, easier to read tables
- A new, quick-reference phrase appendix to help travellers find commonly used phrases easily when they're communicating with Italian speakers
- A new sidebar on dialect. One of the most difficult things you will encounter when travelling in Italy is the difference in dialect from one region to another. This sidebar will help readers to learn along with the traditional lessons, what they can expect to hear in certain regions of the country to further help their comprehension of the language.