A Practical Approach to the Ancient Chinese Movement for Health and Well-Being.
Tai Chi is a movement practice firmly rooted in Chinese culture and philosophy. This book is a beautifully photographed, informative and practical guide to the life-enhancing practice of the short form of Tai Chi.
Extensively researched and clearly explained this comprehensive guide includes:
- History, origins and philosophy of Tai Chi
- Basic principles - movement and the body
- Life energies - meridians and the 7 major chakras
- Mind, movement and focus
- A step-by-step guide to the complete movement sequence
- Other important aspects of the art of Tai Chi
- Tai Chi for life, health and leisure
Angus Clark offers a fully comprehensive interpretation of the short form of Tai Chi, presented in a style that is easy to follow and relevant to contemporary life.