The average Australian household spends over $2,000 a year on gas and electricity bills. Now, not only can you reduce those bills, but you can even wipe them out, while making your home more comfortable.
The Energy-Freedom Home explains nine steps that can be taken — in any order — to become more energy efficient:
• replace old lights with LEDs
• stop draughts
• improve insulation
• upgrade windows
• use energy-efficient appliances
• install reverse-cycle systems
• use solar or heat-pump systems to heat your water
• monitor and control your energy use
• switch to solar.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 09 / 2015