Join Andrew Crowe in solving the mysteries of beachcombing. The puzzling flotsam and jetsam -- both common and strange -- is shown here and explained with clear, life-size colour photographs.
Besides providing a simple introduction to New Zealand geology, this book's new approach to the beach shows:
- Pebbles and sand from around the country
- How to recognise common animal tracks found in the sand
- Jellyfish, starfish, crabs, and bones from the sea
- Eggs from the sea and invertebrates living in the sand
- Seaweed, plant wash-ups and even common rubbish pollution
Part of Andrew Crowe's original award-winning 'Life-Size Guide' series, this book is designed to be both simple and practical for all the family.
- Publication Date:
- 05 / 10 / 2004
- 210 x 297mm