The Masai have a reputation for courage, independence and a way of life that fits with the grasslands of the East African plains. Find out all about the people, their history and how they live, in this stunning non-fiction book by top BBC wildlife filmmakers and photographers Jonathan and Angela Scott.
* Emerald/Band 15 books provide a widening range of genres including science fiction and biography, prompting more ways to respond to texts.
* Text type - A non-chronological report.
* There is a useful glossary and index on pages 44 and 45 and a diary of the day in the life f a Masai child on pages 46 and 47.
* Curriculum links - Geography: knowledge and understanding of places; Citizenship: developing good relationships and respecting the differences between people.
* This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
- Publication Date:
- 04 / 01 / 2007
- 192 x 265 x 3mm