The Complete Australian Reference to Prescription and Non-Prescription Drugs.
Fully Revised and Updated.
Every one of us has taken some form of medicine at some stage in our lives, usually without knowing very much about it. This bestselling volume, now in its fifth edition, answers all those questions we have about medicines and their use. It is a comprehensive guide to prescription and non-prescription drugs and how we can use them safely and effectively.
This edition contains information on:
- the usage and side effects of over 600 generic drugs, with over 30 new generic drug charts
- interactions with other drugs and substances
- the use of medicines in sport
- the availability of pharmaceutical benefits
- the use of medicines during pregnancy and breastfeeding
It also features an extended glossary, and a revised brand name directory and general index.