The Guide to Excellence in Recorded Classical Music.
At a time when new classical CD releases are appearing at a bewildering rate, this guide will help you pick the very best from the vast range of recordings on offer. It reviews many thousands of CDs, offering expert guidance on their relative artistic and technical merits, highlighting notable performances and pinpointing the best buys.
This latest edition, now in a new, larger format, contains more entries than before. Ranging from long established recordings to the latest releases, from premium priced CDs to bargains, it represents the cream of the international recorded repertoire and has all the information you will need to select the finest classical music available.
This Penguin guide offers:
- The pick of the latest CD releases, as well as the finest established recordings
- DVDs included for the first time
- The greatest historical performances, many available in outstanding new transfers
- The key period-instrument recordings
- The best of the budget-priced CDs
- Publication Date:
- 02 / 12 / 2001
- 153 x 234mm