Adopting a rescue dog can be daunting. With anxieties and fears from their previous life, they can carry the weight of the world on their shoulders. But all dogs deserve a second chance - and this book will teach you how to provide it.
Animal behaviourist Laura Vissaritis's approach to training a rescue dog focuses on one side of the relationship- the human. Because to help your dog change their behaviour, first you must change your own.
By building a relationship based on mutual trust and respect, you will help your dog make the most of their new life. Explaining the underlying psychology and offering clear step-by-step guides, Laura covers everything you need to know, including how to-
- bring home and socialise your rescue dog
- establish routines for essentials like toilet training and walking on a leash
- understand your dog's body language
- discourage unwanted behaviours such as excessive barking or jumping up
- ease their stress, phobias or separation anxiety.
Giving a rescue dog a better life is one of the most emotional, uplifting journeys you can go on. The Rescue Dog will guide you on the path to success.
- Publication Date:
- 17 / 09 / 2019