A completely revised edition of this popular, small format atlas in the world’s most prestigious and authoritative world atlas range.
All the mapping and information in this revised edition has been brought fully up to date to give an accurate picture of today's world. The recent declaration of Montenegro and Serbia as two independent countries is a significant change to the atlas.
Detailed reference maps in the distinctive and respected Times style provide balanced, systematic coverage of all parts of the world. All maps have been fully revised to take account of any recent environmental and geopolitical changes.
Major updates include;
- Serbia and Montenegro split into 2 independent countries
- New joint capital of Myanmar- Naypyidaw
- Golmud-Lhasa railway in Tibet now open
- Longest cross ocean bridge to the south of Shanghai
- Aral Sea continues to shrink in size
- Big new reservoir in Portugal - Barragem de Alqueva
- Coastal changes in China at mouth of Huang He and at Mouths of Ganges in Bangladesh
- Large number of new road and railways added and over 300 place names changed
This is a complete world reference atlas in a convenient and easy-to use format, retaining the authority, style and detail of the larger atlases in the range.