This new edition of the TIMES DESKTOP ATLAS OF THE WORLD has been fully revised to bring all the maps and geographical information completely up to date. As with all the atlases in the Times range it offers great authority‚ outstanding quality and attention to detail.
The 117 pages of reference maps have been completely updated to provide accurate‚ accessible and attractive coverage of the whole world. The introductory section covers major world geographical themes - from earthquakes and volcanoes to population growth‚ communications and climate change - giving a global snapshot of our contemporary world. A comprehensive guide to the world's states and territories including flags‚ profiles and key facts‚ make this the ideal reference atlas for home‚ school or office.
* 117 pages of authoritative mapping of the whole world
* Geographical reference section with flags‚ statistics and facts for the world's states and territories
* Statistics and world maps on major geographical themes‚ including population‚ cities‚ climate‚ the environment and telecommunications
* Unique 16 page full of thousands of world facts and figures.
* Index to over 25‚000 place names
- Publication Date:
- 03 / 08 / 2009
- 189 x 240mm