'The Thrift Book might be the only surefire investment out there' Harper's Bazaar
'A blueprint for living well, however broke you are, with thrifty tips on looking fab, cooking, pampering and partying' Cosmopolitan
'A triumphant treat and a useful and sensible manual' Independent
Feeling poor because of the credit crunch? Feeling guilty because of global warming? Feeling like you'd like to tighten your belt, but aren't ready to embrace DIY macramé handbags?
No need to panic. Put down the economy mince and buy this book instead – it's a blueprint for living beautifully while saving money and easing your conscience. India Knight will show you:
* How to make wonderful dinners with very little money
* How to dress on a budget and still look fabulous
* How to make friends – and start sharing – with your neighbours
* How to holiday imaginatively – with barely a carbon footprint
* Try it – you have nothing to lose but your overdraft.
'Brims with tips on how to live well on little cash' thelondonpaper
'Edearing and informative' Fay Weldon, Observer
'India Knight dispenses a wealth of clever advice on how to make it fun to live thriftily. A joyous read, and a goldmine of suggestions'Harper's Bazaar
'Belt tightening at its most fun' Closer