Great competitor, top shotmaker, the only player to win the US Amateur three times, a smashing first year on the pro tour at age 20 - Tiger Woods is a sports phenomenon. Now discover how he did it and what it cost him in a riveting story that captures the heart and soul of a magnificent American athlete.
- The poignant love story behind his parents' marriage and a soldier's promise to name his son "Tiger".
- A son's talent, a father's ambitions, and the tough mental games geared to either break him or make him a champion.
- The truth about college and his decision to go pro.
- A revealing close-up of Tiger under pressure, his most dramatic play-offs, and his worst rookie-year mistake.
- The race card - who played it and why - and how Tiger changed the game forever . . .
- His journey to the 1997 Masters and a spot on the US Ryder Cup Team.
This captures all the agony and ecstasy of a special athlete on the rise.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 09 / 1997
- 104 x 170mm