The third edition of the essential guide to Italy's most famous region, this book covers everything from Machiavelli and the Medici to Tuscan Buddhists and the Florentine clubs scene. It contains critical reviews of hotels, restaurants, trattorias and cafes, a complete rundown on entertainment, bars and nightlife, and extensive guides to Siena, Pisa and all the best Tuscan towns and villages.
- Fully revised and updated
- Chapters on Tuscan food and wine, translating menu options and pointing you towards the best vineyards and vintages
- Glossary of art and technical terms
- Complete arts agenda for opera, film, music and dance, plus events and festivals all around Tuscany
- Detailed colour maps of all the cities covered
- A taste of Tuscany without leaving Florence: walks, villas, picnic spots, views and food and wine suppliers within easy reach