Completely Updated Edition.
For Every parent of a newborn baby the first rush of tenderness is quickly followed by the first rush of concern. How will I cope? Is he normal? Why is she crying? What if he's sick? Why won't she sleep?
Even if the worrying never stops, the first twelve months can be made easier with this book. Adapted for Australia and a must for Australian parents, this updated edition includes information on immunisation, safety, childhood illnesses and much more.
The book has a comprehensive month-by-month guide that clearly explains everything you need to know about the first year with a new baby. It contains up-to-date sections on: the older sibling; selecting the right doctor; well-baby checkups; first aid; managing childhood illnesses; and taking care of yourself as well as your baby.
The book also answers questions such as:
- What is normal development?
- What should I be concerned about?
- How can an Early Childhood Nurse help?
- How can I make my home safe?
- Can I breastfeed my adopted baby?
- What if my baby is ill?
- How will I cope with colic?
- What if my baby has special needs?