A Parent's Guide To Improving Communication With Young People
The teenage years can be agony - for parents and teenagers alike. It is a period when both child and parent have new anxieties and are adjusting to their changing roles and responsibilities.
This enlightened and inspiring book takes an honest look at parental concerns and expectations, analyses how parents and children communicate, how arguments start and also identifies the real concerns behind the heated words that occur at this sensitive time.
You Just Don't Listen promises:
- no more fights (just heated discussions)
- no more mess (at least, not in your territory)
- positive ways to negotiate dress sense, bed times, appropriate television watching, establishing reasonable limits
- to build bridges between the generations by fostering self-esteem and respect
- to build up your parenting expertise
So if you are having communication problems with your teenager, read You Just Don't Listen and get everyone talking.
- Publication Date:
- 04 / 09 / 1998
- 133 x 217mm