You know what you want at home and this book shows you how to get it - by doing it yourself. A practical but fun guide to DIY for women that really works.
Tired of relying on a man to deal with your home repair problems? This book covers all the basics that women need to know for home improvement and repair. This practical, easy-to-follow and unpatronising guide takes you step-by-step through the difficult jobs, and offers careful advice to troubleshoot all the problems you are likely to encounter.
The book covers:
- Tooling Up: getting a basic tool kit together and managing your 100 things.
- Fixing It: all the odd jobs that need doing around the home, such as changing a washer and unblocking a drain.
- Laying It: all the varieties of flooring and how to lay them quickly, easily and effectively.
- Nailing It: all about basic construction throughout the house.
- Storing It: ingenious ways of making the most of your space, or lack of it.
- Faking It: from the basics of painting and decorating to elaborate decorative finishes.
- Not Doing It: when your really need help! Understand the problem, get tips on negotiating with repair people and learn to talk their talk.
You'll never need a man again (for DIY that is).