How To Read Others' Thoughts By Their Gestures
What people say is often very different from what they think or feel; but how do you tell? The answer lies in the study of body language. A person's gestures are very accurate indicators of his or her attitudes, thoughts, desires or emotions. 'Body Language' examines aspects of non-verbal communication in a wide variety of everyday contexts. It discusses techniques that show you how to interpret gestures correctly and thus to read the underlying thoughts or emotions.
This book shows how to:
- tell if your opponent is lying
- get co-operation from other people
- recognise negative thoughts and how to overcome them
- make yourself more credible and likeable
- control an interview, negotiation or conversation
- pick up a partner without being obvious
- avoid a ticket for speeding.
This book adds a new dimension to human communication. It is a must for anybody whose business or personal life involves face-to-face interaction with other people.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 01 / 2000