A definitive reference for any woodwork enthusiast, this book provides comprehensive information on traditional and modern methods for finishing wood. An invaluable guide for novice and experienced woodworkers alike. This comprehensive guide covers every element of finishing wood, from preparing the surface to applying colours, waxes, varnishes and lacquers.
- Preparing wood and Colouring wood
- Repairing finishes; Varnish and lacquer
- French polishing and Wax polish
- Paint finishes; Oil finishes; Antique finishes
- Gilding and Wood graining
- Health and safety