Farm digesters are best known as a means for producing biogas. However, anaerobic digesters are much more beneficial, because they also:
* Greatly reduce pollution, smell and pathogens from livestock farm waste.
* Reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
* Reclaim nutrients for re-use, minimizing the need for artificial fertilizers.
* Can produce fibre from animal waste, for use as compost.
They represent a significant way to make both our energy supplies and our food production more sustainable whilst enabling us to run cost-effective farms. This no-nonsense guide to farm digesters provides a wealth of useful information for anyone who wants to know more.
The book covers:
* Why we need farm digesters
* How they work
* The benefits of farm digesters
* How to set up a farm digester programme
Accessibly written, this book is a must-read for anyone who is running a farm, cares about creating a sustainable future, or is involved in planning for agriculture.
- Publication Date:
- 02 / 11 / 2015
- 168 x 234mm