Addiction of any kind, such as to alcohol, drugs or food, can ruin the life of addicted people and seriously affect their family, friends and colleagues.
Dr Robert Lefever, founder of one of the world's leading recovery centres, PROMIS, is an authority on all kinds of addiction. His experience as a counsellor and as a general medical practitioner is extensive, and his approach to treatment is based on the Twelve-Step Programme pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous.
Whether you suspect you may have a problem, or you know someone who has, 'Kick The Habit' will explain the roots of addiction, how to recognise the signs of dependence and how to break the cycle of abuse.
The book includes:
- Authoritative information and practical advice on alcohol, nicotine, "recreational" drugs, eating disorders, exercise, caffeine, shopping, spending, stealing, gambling, risk-taking, workaholism, prescription drug addiction, sex and love addiction, relationship addictions, and compulsive helping.
- How to recognise addictive behaviour.
- Clear explanation of the variety of treatments available, concentrating on the Twelve-Step Programme.
- Work sheets to help your practical and effective recovery regime.
- A wide range of real-life case studies.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 04 / 2006
- 134 x 211mm