A Handbook For People With Life-Threatening Illness
In 1983 Petrea King was diagnosed with an 'incurable form' of leukemia, now 10 years later, she offers her book Quest for Life as a beacon of hope for others facing a life-threatening illness.
Here she shares her own experience, inspirational stories from her patients, and hundreds of specific therapeutic techniques including how to:
- Control pain and side effects by diet and natural therapies
- Overcome guilt, shame, and anger
- Establish rapport with doctors and family - especially children
- Use support groups effectively
- Practice methods of relaxation, visualisation and meditation
- Reclaim joy and meaning in life
Warmly personal and thoroughly practical, Quest for Life radiates courage and conviction. Petrea can help you find the inner strength to face you own illness or to help those you care for.