Part of the 'Complete Idiot's Guide' series.
Yoga is for anyone interested in improving their physical and spiritual lives: the old and young; male and female; athletes in training; recovering heart patients; chronic back pain sufferers; new mothers before and after delivery; the busy and super busy. And this is just the book to walk you through the basics of stretching, breathing and meditation, with exercises designed to help you relax, become more flexible, and improve your overall life productivity and self-satisfaction.
Adding to the success of the first edition, this book includes additional information on poses and variations on existing poses, without adding difficulty. It also expands on the all-important information about yoga for partners, women and seniors to capture these areas of growing popularity.
The book is a must have for anyone interested in giving yoga a try. Its non-intimidating and easy to follow exercises help show you just how fun and relaxing yoga can be.
- The lowdown on how yoga affects improvements in the body and the brain
- Yoga History 101
- The basics of stretching, breathing, and meditation
- Expert advice on selecting a yoga teacher and tips for going solo safely
- Connect to your inner power source
- Learn to bend without breaking
- Improve sports performance with yoga, the team player!
- Branch out and grow with the Tree of Yoga
- Walk the Eightfold Path
- The ins and outs of prana
- Strike a pose for strength and stamina
- Break for yoga at home, school and work