As gripping as a Stephen King thriller, 'The Forensic Casebook' is a must-have reference guide.
Filled with intriguing true stories, and packed with black-and-white illustrations and photographs, 'The Forensic Casebook' draws on interviews with police personnel and forensic scientists - including animal examiners, botanists, zoologists, firearms specialists, and autopsists - to uncover the vast and detailed under workings of criminal investigation.
Encyclopaedic in scope, this riveting, authoritative book leaves no aspect of forensic science untouched, covering such fascinating topics as:
- Securing a crime scene
- Identifying blood splatter patterns
- Collecting fingerprints - and feet, lip and ear prints
- "Lifting" DNA prints
- Examining hair and fiber evidence
- Interpreting the stages of a body's decay
- Computer crime and forensic photography
- Career paths in criminal science
Lucidly written and spiked with real crime stories, 'The Forensic Casebook' exposes the nitty-gritty that other books only touch upon.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 02 / 2010
- 236 x 189mm