Places, Maps, Characters, Recipes.
Get off the beaten track . . .
This is the get-out-there-and-enjoy-yourself guide to the places, characters and recipes of rural Australia. It's brimming with facts, and stories and advice on the places, people and food of Australia's rural heartland. Once you read it, you'll want to leave the major cities behind to discover the real Australia.
The book features the hottest, driest, wettest, windiest, biggest, longest, shortest and strangest places. As well, there are countless don't miss events like the annual Bylong Mouse Races held towards the end of March each year, and the Chinchilla Melon Festival, which includes major events such as melon skiing, melon seed spitting and the melon heads competition.
Part of the pleasure of travelling is in enjoying regional food specialties, so the 'Gazetteer' includes more than 160 recipes contributed from every corner of Australia.
- Filled with unusual and unmissable sights and events from every state and territory of Australia
- Includes more than 1,000 places and landmarks
- Offers 64 full-colour regional maps showing where all the best sites are located
- More than 160 original recipes contributed by people from every corner of the country
- Free road map of Australia
- Publication Date:
- 16 / 10 / 2002