Running for health, fitness and fun has never been more popular. Whether you're a regular runner or just keen to get started, this practical and accessible guide will be your perfect coach, training partner and inspiration.
Eager to start running? Want to run your first race? Or need to improve your speed and stamina? 'Collins Need to Know? Running' is the one-stop guide to everything from setting a training plan to dealing with injury to keeping motivated.
Written by experienced runner and journalist Alison Hamlett, this user-friendly and accessible introduction gives you all the information and advice you need, including:
- How and why to make running part of your everyday life
- Get from 'can't run' to half-hour runner in six weeks
- Warming up, cooling down and stretching
- Planning your training - why hills help
- Fundamentals of sports nutrition
- Running kit and training tools
- The five most common running injuries and how to avoid them
- Training schedules for every distance from 5K to marathon
- Ideas to take your running further -- ultras, triathlons, and adventure races
- Training schedules and additional content will be available online.