Whether you already own a small or medium business, or you are thinking of buying or starting one, The Penguin Small Business Guide is your first step to success. This new edition will keep you up-to-date with the changing face of Australian small business.
In this practical, easy-to-understand guide, Nicholas Humphrey gives advice on:
* preparing a business plan
* effective marketing and public relations strategies
* how to comply with the new workplace relations legislation
* understanding your key legal and regulatory obligations
* making the most of the Internet and e-commerce
* preparing financial statements and forecasts
* raising money
* minimising risk exposure and tax obligations
This book also includes fascinating case studies of successful business owners - from Dick Smith and Gerry Harvey in Australia to Richard Branson and Bill Gates internationally. With its detailed examples, valuable checklists and contact details, this essential guide unlocks the secrets of small business.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 07 / 2010
- 131 x 197 x 40mm