Be Initiated into a New Way of Life.
Following on from the 'Thorson's First Directions' series, this new series provides a more in-depth, sophisticated introduction to yoga, which explains how yoga can benefit both the body and the mind.
Yoga is a fitness system that enhances well-being through relaxation and improves strength, suppleness and posture. This excellent guide looks at the history of the practice and the Indian philosophy that it is founded upon, as well as introducing postures, techniques and ways to use yoga thought and action in daily life.
It offers a comprehensive insight into:
- Different forms of yoga, including Hatha - the most popular and extensively practised in the West.
- Simple methods for relaxing and meditating.
- Cleansing and purifying the body with yoga.
- How to perform yoga in order to improve strength, suppleness and posture.
- More advanced types of yoga philosophy, including chakras, kundalini and tantra.