For so many people today, food is complicated. They’re told to make ‘healthy’ choices yet this could include anything from an apple to a packet of sugar-free biscuits. They have lost touch with how much to eat, how often and how their food choices are impacting on their health - and then there are those all-consuming moments when they feel like no amount of food could satisfy their hungry hearts.
The latest book by ten times number one best-selling author Dr Libby Weaver, What am I Supposed to Eat?, puts the reader back in control of their food choices. An easy-to-read comprehensive approach to the science of how our bodies work and how we can best support them nutritionally. This book is a fork in the road when it comes to better under-standing your food, your body, your appetite and what you are supposed to eat.
From knowing which food trends to follow, whether being gluten or dairy free is for you, how your genetics influence how food behaves in your body, why you need to be thinking about what your food eats, what to eat for great sleep and how to talk to young girls about food, through to taking a practical approach about where you’re receiving your nutrition advice from, this book is the go-to guide for making informed choices about food that won’t go out of date.
Dr Libby pours her two decades of knowledge, research and clinical experience into this visually beautiful book which includes easy to read articles, step-by-step guides, work-sheets and real-life examples, and is designed to help readers uncover the answer to the question, “So, what am I supposed to eat?”
- What to eat, how often, how much and why.
- The genetic influences that impact how food behaves in your body.
- Which food and diet trends are worth following.
- How to talk to young girls about food.
- Whether a gluten or dairy free diet could be for you.
- How to stop carbohydrates causing you chaos.
- Ways to know if you’re intolerant to a food and if this may be wrecking havoc inside you.
- How to stop counting calories and experience sustained weight loss.
- Why food may be making you feel tired, bloated or confused.
- How to transform your relationship with food – forever.
- A lifetime reference guide to understanding food, what it does in your body and what you are supposed to eat.
- Publication Date:
- 01 / 01 / 2018