Do you run a small or medium business? Are you thinking of buying a business or starting one, either from scratch or as a franchise? Do you need help managing the growth of your business into overseas markets? The Penguin Small Business Guide is a complete reference manual, providing practical and up-to-date advice. Including fascinating case studies of successful business owners - from Dick Smith and Gerry Harvey in Australia to Richard Branson and Bill Gates internationally - this guide is a one-stop-shop, containing detailed examples, valuable checklists and essential contact details.
- Preparing a business plan
- Effective marketing and public relations strategies
- Understanding your key legal and regulatory obligations
- Making the most of the Internet and e-commerce
- Preparing financial statements and forecasts
- Raising money
- Minimising risk exposure and tax obligations